The following questions were asked at the Tata Crucible regional round held in Chennai on September 30th,2012. Our thanks to Jayakumar GB of Hyundai Motors India, Chennai for this compilation.
TATA CRUCIBLE CORPORATE 2012 – CHENNAI REGIONAL ROUND
- Which luxury group owns the brands GUCCI, YSL, Redcats?
- Name the restaurant which is an amalgamation of the word “Nordic Food” and was adjudged the best restaurant in 2010 & 2011.
- Which company created the modern espresso machine in 1934?
- This company is Singapore Airlines low cost subsidiary. It’s name is short, sharp and snappy. The name resembles an Indian scooter brand.
- This location-based social networking website for mobile devices, such as smart phones, was created by Dennis Crowley- whose similar “Dodge ball” was acquired by Google. It takes it’s name from a playground sport. Identify.
Answer:- Four Square
- Of the 1,000 people surveyed in the UK, 66 % have nomophobia, up from 53% 4 years ago. What is nomophobia?
Answer:- No Mobile Phone Phobia
- This is a non-profit educational organization that operates clubs worldwide for the purpose of helping members improve their communication, public-speaking and leadership skills. It was founded by Ralph C. Smedley.
Answer:- Toastmasters International
- Which famous personality is behind the “Girl friend” perfume?
Answer:- Justin Bieber
- Identify the author of the book.
Answer:- Tom Peters and Robert H. Waterman
- Originally formulated by General Foods Corporation food scientist William A. Mitchell in 1957, sales of this product were poor until NASA used it on John Glenn’s Mercury flight, and subsequent Gemini missions. Since then, it was closely associated with the U.S. manned spaceflight program. The brand is currently owned by Kraft Foods.
- Which not-so-successful Telecom service launched in 1995?
Answer:- Pager service
- What was established in 1932 as TBVF by late Mr. Vishnu?
- Jersey Airtel and Guernsey Airtel are services offered under a partnership between Airtel & ______?
- Identify this controversial project.
What was the Online Travel service of MSN which was later spun off in 1999?
- Popularly known as Co-optex, it was established in 1935 and has a long and rich tradition in Handloom History that dates back over 77 years. Has a network of 203 showrooms spread all over India with an annual turnover of around Rs.1000 Crore.
Answer:- The Tamilnadu Handloom Weavers’ Co-operative Society Ltd
- Who is the Official Sportswear Partner to Wembley Stadium and exclusive football supplier to The FA at all levels of the game?
- Which retailer has the “From the mountains” range of Jams & Chutney?
- Former chief technology officer @ Zynga, he left the company to assume a similar role at ServiceNow, a company that offers software to automate enterprise IT operations as a service. Identify the person.
Answer:- Allan Leinwand
- Which airline’s campaign “Our sign is a promise”?
Answer:- Swiss Airlines
- Which company owns the “Optimus” range of mobile phones?
- Identify the personality.
Answer:- Sivasankaran – Siva Group
TIPS & TRENDS:
- At the time of the Second World War, the Government of India asked the leading advertisement agencies to form a consortium and set up a publicity unit in Shimla to handle war propaganda, tackle rumour mongering, put out messages about black-outs and handle recruitment to the armed forces. When the war ended, this consortium was converted into its present form. It came into being in 1955. Identify the organisation.
Ans:- DAVP (Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity)
- ‘Class Edge’ is an offering from which TATA group company?
Answer:- TATA Interactive systems
Identify this futuristic currency
Answer:- Currency designed to be used by inter-planetary travellers. Called the Quasi Universal Intergalactic Denomination or Quid.
- This most famous brand’s first in the world is to be set up in Golden Temple at Amritsar, the second one in Vaishno Devi Temple. Which brand are we talking about?
Answer:- McDonald’s Veg Restaurant
- The name of this famous Indian brand comes from a flower. The brand traces its history to 1862 when Kanji Morarji, started a small trading business in Mumbai. Which brand?
Answer:- Suffola (from Sunflower)
- Which TATA group company acquired 51% stake in Zero waste Agro organics Pvt ltd (ZWAOPL), a Maharashtra based organic manure and soil conditioners manufacturing company?
Answer:- Rallis India
- It is the Sanskrit word that now refers to the entire plant kingdom. However, according to Charaka Samhitā and Sushruta Samhita medical texts, it is limited to plants that bear fruits but no evident flowers. In the Rigveda, it is a deity presiding over the forest and described as the “bright golden hued _________, with its thousand branches.” Identify the brand name.
- Which tiny seeds grown mainly in Rajasthan, Haryana and the Saurashtra region of Gujarat in India are helping in the oil field services of Halliburton?
Answer:- Guar Seeds – an essential ingredient for mining oil and natural gas in a process called hydraulic fracturing
- “India’s Place in the Sun Would Come from the Partnership Between Wisdom of its Rural People and Skill of its Professionals”. Which famous Indian’s quote?
Answer:- Dr. Verghese Kurien
- Identify this personality who was the former chairman of Madura Coats.
Answer:- John Shaw (Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw’s husband)
Tata AG promotes the worldwide export of a wide range of Indian commodities, finished products and non-traditional industrial items. It undertakes third-country international trading, counter-trading and specialist equipment procurement for overseas projects. Where is its Head Quarters?
- Advertisement for?
- BUSINESS APPRAISAL:
- WIPRO is set to sell it’s water purification and treatment business to which company?
Answer:- Earth water Group
- First luxury tower in India by Homestead will be branded in which personality’s name?
Answer:- Michael Schumacher
- George Weyman, inventor of Copenhagen Snuff, opened his tobacco shop in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This is the foundation to which global company?
Answer:- U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company (Altria Group)
- After selling the business they co-founded to TATA, one of them went on to start “Shop4solutions”, a retail solutions company. Who?
Answer:- Hemu Ramaiah, Founder and ex CEO of Landmark
Answer:- Colgate: Total, Tom’s – manufacturer of natural-ingredients-only personal care products, a partially owned subsidiary of Colgate-Palmolive, Mahesh Bhupathi – Brand ambassador
Answer:- Dabur: Balsara – acquired by Dabur, Amla – Dabur amla oil
Answer:- Zydus: slogan, Founder – Ramanbhai Patel, Bipasha Basu – Sugar Free brand ambassador
Answer:- Tang: Kraft logo, Warner Lambart belongs to Kraft group, Two flavours of Tang
III. BRICKS & MORTAR:
- What is the index used to measure the level of governance in African countries?
Answer:- IBRAHIM Index
- Which company was founded by Max Levchin, Peter Thiel, Luke Nosek, Ken Howery, Elon Musk?
- What is the title of P.C.Balasubramanian & Raja Krishnamoorthy’s book on Rajini – Value Statements on Business and Life Management?
Answer:- PUNCHTANTRA (Rajini’s PUNCHTANTRA)