The Guwahati edition was held on March, 12th. The following were the questions asked from the prelims round:-
- Connect Mark Hurd, Leo Apotheker, Meg Whitman.
- Who is the person behind the designing of the Coca Cola ad campaign ‘Thanda matlab Coca Cola’ with Aamir Khan?
Ans:- Prasoon Joshi
- In 2009, News Corporation restricted which T.V. group into 4 units– _India, _Greater China, _select and Fox International Channels Asia
- In July 2011, which company bought the US based managed Ethernet and apps delivery service company Yipis enterprise service for a cash amount 1200 crore?
- The Interpublic Group Publics, Omnicom and which other company are considered as the big four agency (advertising) holdings corporate
- Which company has the punch line ‘First in Business Worldwide’?
Whose flagship online music portal Gaana.com is now available as an app for android, IOS, Blackberry?
Ans:- Indian Times
- Which internet major closed Buzz, My Blog log and numerous other products on 21stApril 2011?
- Which Indian stationary company began with the ‘horse brand’?
- What is common to a famous landmark bridge in the USA and an IT company?
Ans:- CISCO (the landmark is the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco)
- Which company supplies tyre for NASCAR car rally?
- ‘Welcome Break’ is the tagline of which company?
- Which Indian media and entertainment company was founded by Ronnie Screwala?
- In 1979 which company came up with ‘Free Cone Day’?
Ans:- Baskin and Robbins
- Bharat Swatis are training planes built by which heavy electrical company in India?
- ‘Is this the only thing you can leave behind’ was used by
Ans:- Incredible India
Few questions asked in the FINALS:-
- VEYRON 16.4 is a mid engine grand car by which company?
- BORSE is a stock exchange in which European nation?
- How do we better know ‘Canary Yellow Stickies’?
Ans:- Post it notes
- In 1881 an A.C. alternator was powered for street lighting in UK. Who were the manufacturers?
- ‘Work in Progress’ is the autobiography of?
Ans:- Walt Disney
- Which company technically means ‘ROLL’?
- Benkin, Shaggy tunes were made popular by which brand?
- Which consulting firm trademarked ‘learning curve’?
Ans:- Boston Consulting Group
- Powerfly is a new aviation initiative by Taj with which person?
Ans:- Capt. Gopinath
- ‘Banker to every Indian’ is the tagline of which bank?
Ans:- State Bank of India
- Which Arabic word meaning “tower” was trademarked?
- Dinesh, Ashok Arora, Raghavan are co-founders of which company?
- Famous invention of which company include magnetic strip, artificial intelligence, hard disk drive?
- To commemorate the centenary birth anniversary of Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru what did Indian Railways do?
Ans:- Started Shatabdi Express
- ‘Beautiful you, today, tomorrow’ is the tagline of?
Ans:- ITC Fiama Di Wills
- What term, that was used as a suffix in the naming of the trains, was implemented by Indian railways when the country started progressing?
- Which company innovated and created a new type of talking shoes?
- In telecom world what does LTE stand for?
Ans:- Long term Evolution
- Which organisation would you associate Arctic Sunrise, Rainbow Warriors, Esperanza?
Ans:- Green Peace
- Which word is a synonym for high yielding coffee?
Ans:- Mocha chino
- ‘Anything constructed can be taken apart…. How to construct and reconstruct’ is the tagline of?
Ans:- Lego Toys
- ‘Fashion starts here’ is the tagline of?
- What does TMT stand for in TISCON TMT?
Ans:- Thermo Mechanically Treated
- Which company from TATA is to manufacture biometric cars in West Bengal?
- Vriti are online courses for management offered by?
Ans:- TATA McGrawhill