We pay a humble tribute to Sridevi through a simple quiz for her fans. Play the contest now.
Celebrating the Life and Times of Sridevi March 1, 2018
A 2017 Gallup study revealed that a disengaged workforce is one of the largest hurdles to innovation and quick growth in the digital economy. Nearly 71% of American employees aren’t fully engaged at work, which costs $30 billion in lost productivity, annually. In much the same way, highly engaged workforces outperform their peers by 147% in earnings per share, show 25-65% less turnover and 37% less absenteeism. But as recent studies by Deloitte show, while 90 percent of executives understand the importance of employee engagement, fewer than 50 percent understand how to effectively address this issue.
Thankfully, quiz shows and gamification provide the missing piece of the jigsaw. By harnessing gamification’s attributes such as narrative, leaderboards, scores, quiz games, levels, rules, badges and skills, the employee value proposition can be communicated very effectively across departments, roles and geographies within the organization.
But why quiz shows and gamification?
According to the Brandon Hall Group, Employee Value Proposition or EVP may provide a competitive advantage by requiring the company to have:
- A formal process for capturing employee metrics
- Creative mechanisms for employee engagement activities
- Continuous analysis of data to identify gaps
- Growth and Development opportunities for performance improvement
- A sound communication strategy aligned with business goals
In order to make these lofty goals less abstract or intangible, HR departments must work overtime to translate them into specific initiatives. Quiz contests and gamification makes this easy for the organization and helps them to organize fun employee engagement activities
- A major Indian multinational wanted an employee engagement technique to drive key values of the company. QuizWorks which was engaged for the project designed ‘Values Quiz’, a gamified quiz targeting 2000 employees across 8 cities. Associative Studies Methodology was implemented to transfer key learnings of the values module for better reinforcement. Subsequent surveys revealed that 92% of the participants rated the quiz as a better form of employee engagement and learning than traditional models.
View our success story by clicking here
- Accenture, one of the market leader in the Technology space has been a stalwart in employing gamification for fun employee engagement activities.
- Accenture Land: An online game that queries employees about training programs, social benefits, career development opportunities and CSR initiatives.
- Eco challenge: An annual global program that encourages employees to change their habits and hence reduce their environmental impact.
- Risk Management Solutions have turned an internal re-branding into a trading card game.
- Deloitte created a ‘Deloitte China Virtual Tour campaign; where Deloitte’s offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, and Shanghai were virtually mapped. This helps job-seekers explore every department and get a firsthand look at working in China.
Research and strategic analysis firm Mind Commerce expects the market for gamification will cross $10 billion in 2020. This is not surprising considering that a significant part of the workforce by then will comprise millennials. And as research by Brandon Hall Group shows, top-performing employees want to understand a company’s mission, values, successes, and losses as much as any executive does. However, in today’s digital economy, time and attention are scarce and resources precious, so employees are likely to explore activities that are more fun, rewarding and offer opportunities to achieve, grow and socialize. Goals that quiz shows and gamification precisely achieves with ease!
If you are looking at creating similar employment engagement activities at your company, please reach us at [email protected]
How a Quiz Show can be used as a Community Engagement Idea February 1, 2018
This board game originated from India and was called “mokshapatamu”. The object of the game is to navigate one’s game piece, to evade vices and follow virtue, ultimately leading to nirvana. Identify this game.
Kakori, Shami, and Döner are some of the varieties of a popular food that originated in Persia, now found worldwide. Which food item?
These were some of the questions that were asked at Mastermind 2018 – a quiz contest organised by QuizWorks, India’s leading quiz company, for the Indian expats and their families in Bahrain. The quiz show consisted of 400 people who are Persons of Indian origin but settled in Bahrain and working for large organisations there. There was a need to host a quiz night for community engagement of family audience where the entire family including children took part in the contest. Out of 150 people who took the prelims, 18 people or Top 6 teams made it to the finals of the quiz competition.
Held at the beautiful Crowne Plaza Hotels, the finals consisted of 5 Rounds covering diverse topics from Sports, Current Affairs, History, Business, Technology etc. Raj Dam, founder of QuizWorks, was the quizmaster for the evening. The questions and host’s presentation style kept the audience engaged for over 2 hours. At the end, Top 3 winners were given prizes while audience received a lot of prizes for answering audience questions.
Here is a testimonial from the Chairperson of Bahrain Chapter of ICAI:
“It was a wonderful Quiz, we had in Bahrain, conducted for the first time for the CA Members in the entire Middle east countries. Initially members were bit hesitant. As the Quiz date was nearing, we got 30 teams of 3 members each for the preliminary round. From there 6 teams were chosen for the Finale. The finale was attended by more than 200 members and their families. All the attendees praised the Quiz Master Mr. Raj for the thoughtful questions and the way he conducted the Quiz. Definitely there was lot to learn from the quiz but there was lots of entertainment for all. To conclude, I should say, it was a wonderful Quiz show, very able Quiz master and thoroughly enjoyed by all the attendees. Definitely, we are going to have more shows in the near future.”
QuizWorks helps multinational property management firm with a Diversity and Inclusion initiative October 6, 2017
The client is a global property management company with nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of nearly 80,000. India, with 10,000 + employees and with large business operations, is one of the most important geographies for the company.
Being a property management firm, with properties including offices, factories, housing complexes, SEZ’s etc, it has a huge in field operations team – 90% of which are male. In a scenario like this, as part of its global policies, it was important for the company to create an awareness program for Diversity and Inclusion within the company.
The client needed an initiative that can cover the 90% of its work force, who are in field, managing properties and not necessarily in office. So classroom sessions of education was not feasible in terms of time and money.
The initiative should be able to generate enough interest for people to participate voluntarily and at the same time educate them on gender sensitivity.
High impact, high engagement, and highly technology driven engagement was required to simultaneously engage thousands of employees within the country
To help the client educate its employees on Diversity and Inclusion, QuizWorks designed a 2 prong approach – engaging field operations through a mobile based gamified quizzing and then hosting a live quiz at Mumbai for shortlisted teams.
The quiz was branded as QuizVersity – and teams were asked to be formed basis on one of any below 3 conditions –
- Diverse by age (a gap of 10 years)
- Diverse by Gender ( Male + female)
- Diverse by Geography ( colleagues from different locations).
The content for the quiz comprised from topics like race, religion, gender, age, art and culture, cuisine etc. The engagement initiative was spread across 7 days for all employees of the company. As the scoring, ranking and shortlisting were completely automated, the client could conduct the event simultaneously across the country
The Key elements were:
- Phase 1: Online and Mobile based gamified Quiz – As a qualifying round, participants were quizzed about diversity and inclusion – the companies philosophy, and real world examples as per the topics mentioned above.
- Phase 2: Shortlisted teams had to go through another round of quizzing, this time with higher level of difficulty. Top 5 teams were chosen basis their score and time taken to complete the quiz.
- Phase 3: Face-to-face Quizzing – The ‘Grand Finale’ as it was called was held at Mumbai, where the 5 top teams were flown in and started with a keynote from the CEO. The teams were awarded interesting prizes like Laptop, Mobile phones etc
Participation – More than 50% of the workforce took part in the online initiative thus sensitizing themselves on Diversity and Inclusion as a subject
Engagement – 90 % + of the participants rated the content to be highly informative and engaging because of in built game mechanics like challenge, progression, sociality, rewards etc
Highly cost effective in terms of reaching 10,000 + workforce through this strategy. The client team got an “internal best practice” award for this initiative
If you like a similar initiative to be organised in your company, do reach me out at [email protected]
Before you leave, check out some of the questions for this quiz
- Vikings are an ethnic race from which geographical region of the world?
- “A Brief History of Time” is the name of one of the famous books he authored. Despite being challenged from ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis), a motor neuron disease, he is one of the most admired scientists in physics. Identify him.
- Kilt is a knee length, non-bifurcated, skirt type garment with pleats at the rear. This is a traditional wear of men and boys of which nationality?
QuizWorks Presents Times Ascent Engineering Mastermind 2017 August 22, 2017
India celebrates 50th Engineer’s Day on September 15th to mark the birth anniversary of Sir M Visvesvaraya, the most outstanding Indian Engineer. He was the brain behind Hyderabad’s flood protection system and the construction of Krishna Raja Sagara dam in Mysore. The 6th Edition of Times Ascent Engineering Mastermind Quiz, India’s biggest Inter-Corporate Quiz for engineers, will be held on 15th, 16th and 17th September 2017. It will be a battle among the top engineering minds in the country.
Our top quizmasters – Runal Dahiwade, Raj Dam and Miraj Vora – will engage the audience with their expertise and wit across Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad & Ahmedabad after which the top zonal teams will battle for the grand finals in Chennai on 17th September.
To know more about this event click HERE
Review of Interrogante 2017 held at Christ University March 14, 2017
Interrogante is the annual quiz event conducted by Christ University, Bangalore. This event has grown to become one of the must-attend events for a quizzer in their quizzing calendar. Ably hosted by MINDCOGS, the quiz started off with a written Prelims. The 8 teams who qualified for the next round were:
- Sai Mitra/TCS
- ESPN Cricinfo/Capgemini
- Genesis Colors/Mahindra
- Christ University
- Suguna Holdings/VIT Vellore
- Ujjivan/Nexus Consulting
- 3one4 Capital/Amazon
- Walnut Knowledge Solutions
Sai Mitra/TCS won the event with a score of 155 followed by Ujjivan/Nexus Consulting who came second with a score of 85, Suguna Holdings/VIT Vellore came third with a score of 65, ESPN Cricinfo/Capgemini came fourth with a score of 55, 3one4 Capital/Amazon and Walnut Knowledge Solutions had a tie for the fifth position with a score of 50, Genesis Colors/Mahindra was in the sixth position with a score of 20 and Christ University secured the 7th position with a score of 05 points.
The questions ranged from all fields some of which are given below:
- Identify the person who passed away in November, 2016 in Bengaluru. He was the managing director of a company which originally started with Silk Manufacture in 1906 and then diversified to the field they were most famous for.
Ans.: L. Srihari Khoday
- Pecten Maximus, is a northeast Atlantic species of scallop, an edible saltwater clam, in the family Pectinidae. Pacten maximus is quite robust and is characterized by having ears of equal size on either side of the apex. The right, or lower, valve is convex and slightly overlaps the flat left, or upper valve, which is flat. In business, what is derived from this?
Ans.: The Royal Dutch Shell Logo
- The term for this hedge fund is a metaphor which is used to denote the behavior of preying on debtors in financial distress by purchasing the now cheap credit on a secondary market to make a large monetary in many cases leaving the debtor in a worse state?
Ans.: Vulture Fund
- It came into existence in the 13th century. It is believed to have been first made by the Saudagar family. Previously known as Kapashi, Paytaan, Kachkadi, Bakkalnali and Pukari, the name indicated the area where they were made. What is this?
Ans.: Kolhapuri Chappal.
- On asked about this acquisition in 2016, Iceland based CEO Thor F, said, “I hope that Glu will take good care of my baby”. What was his baby?
- Which company’s logo is inspired from the fountain of the Neptune in Bologna, Italy and it comes from the French word for ‘three’ ‘teeth’?
- Her journey started when she flunked her first year exams in the textile Designing course at the Sophia Polytechnic in Mumbai in 1983. She enrolled for a screen printing and textile designing workshop. Finally in 1985 she borrowed Rs. 7000 from her mother and set off for Crawford Market, where she bought some fabric, rope and other raw material. Her first employees were the building liftman and security guard. Which hugely popular brand for women she created?
- It was founded in 1958 by Surya One night Wonowidjojo had a dream in which the old salt warehouse which stood across the way from another factory Cap 93, featured prominently. Subsequently, Sarman, one of the original fifty employees who had followed him when he left Cap 93, advised him to put a picture of the warehouse on every packet to secure good fortune. Wonowidjojo thought this was a good idea and asked Sarman to design the logo.What am I talking about?
Ans.: Gudang Garam
- This was originally placed on police chiefs in cities of Madras, Bombay, Calcutta, Lahore and Rangoon in Burma in 1920s. Regional heads were independent. After independence, the autonomy of regional heads was abolished and they were brought under the Bombay Board. Finally after passing of a particular Act in 1952, the entire structure was unified and reconstituted. What am I talking about?
Ans.: CBFC- Central Board of Film Certification
- A Bengaluru based startup called Safe Halo has made a new product for just INR 600/- which has created a huge buzz in the market. In a span of 3 months, they have received more than 50000 orders. Their highest orders are coming in from Kota, Rajasthan. What product have they created which is 2.5 inch x 2.5 inch device made of metal and plastic, comprising an alarm.
Ans.: An anti-suicide ceiling fan.
QuizWorks has won the prestigious Tech Rocketship Award 2016 for Outsell December 11, 2016
QuizWorks has won the prestigious Tech Rocketship Awards 2016 for Outsell – A Sales effectiveness software. Outsell helps sales reps be more productive through in-field coaching and providing byte size engaging content on products/services – all delivered within a proprietary SAAS technology on web and mobile.
QuizWorks has been a pioneer in making enterprise content engaging through quizzification, micro-learning and gamification over the years and has engaged 1 Million + individuals across 80 cities in India. With Outsell, it disrupted the sales training industry by taking training beyond classrooms, providing continuous training reinforcements and assessments for better recall. Outsell also ensured that access to sales content like product literature, case studies, process information etc are now standardized and provided to sales reps at the moment of truth i.e during customer meetings.
Accepting the award, Miraj Vora, Co-Founder – Outsell, said, “It is an inspiration and honor to receive this award. As a sales effectiveness company, we believe we are helping sales reps be better at their jobs, which in turn creates financial success for them and better buying experiences for the customer”
QuizWorks won the award after a two-stage evaluation process and among 700 odd entries. The jury consisted of eminent leaders from industry like Mr. Anand Mahindra, Mr. Ajai Chowdhry, Mr. Sanjeev Bikhchandani, Dr. Saurabh Srivastav, Ms. Shardha Sharma, Dr. Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Mr. Alpesh Patel and Mr. John Kat. The award was presented by Mr. Mohan Das Pai of Aarin Capital.