AIMA 13th National Management Quiz for Corporates
Quizmasters: Mr. SPS Juggi and Mr. V. Kumar
Venue: Double Tree by Hilton, Mayur Vihar, Delhi
Date: 16th, December 2012
AIMA, the national body for management, hosted one of the most grandeur and pompous quiz show where the quintessentials of quizzing spirit were manifested. Ranging from corporates honchos to the top notch bureaucrats, all participated to quench their thirst for knowledge. And the quizmasters did not disappoint them at all. The whole quiz was structured in a way that left the people asking for more. With over 50 teams, the quiz was a grand success. The consistently performing team from NTPC comprising of K M Prashanth and Chandan Shahi made it to the national finals. Mr. Yatinder Suri, Head of OutoKompu India served as the Chief Guest of the event. The best moment of the quiz was undoubtedly set by Mr. Rohan Khanna of Genpact who corrected the score presented at the conclusion of the event that saw him defeated by a thin margin of points.
The six teams on stage were:-
IOCL: K Suresh Deepak Taneja
Genpact: Rohan Khanaa & Anupam Jain
TCS: Anurag Krishna & Abhinav Kishore
NTPC: K M Prashanth & Chandan Shahi
DTZ: Deben Moza & Subhendu Saha
Central Secratariat: Maninder Bains & Mukhmeet S Bhatia
The prelims were 30 questions divided in 6 categories that encapsulated all aspects of management. To add more facets to this, the final made the event more lively and highly participative for the teams on stage and the audience too. Without much further ado, let’s celebrate quizzing:
“Whenever I wrote of wealthy men becoming trustees of their wealth for the common good I always had this merchant prince principally in mind.” Mahtma Gandhi in Harjan 14th March 1942. Which industrialist is being referred as the merchant prince in this quote by Mahtma Gandhi?
Jamna Lal Bajaj
Which Institution takes its logo from the archietecture of Sidi Sayed Mosque in Ahmedabad?
- Which company launched this series of print ads to highlight its core areas like energy, aviation, consumer electronics, healthcare etc.?
- Macau was the colony of which imperial power?
- Which channel was involved in the product placement in the song “Jiya Re” of the movie “Jab Tak Hai Jaan”?
- This technique was first published in a 1942 book by this author “How to Think Up” and later popularized by his another book “Applied Imagination” in 1953. He co-founded the firm BBDO. Which technique did he popularize?
Peter Sellers was the first to achieve this feat in 1964, followed by Burt Reynolds, Steve Martin, Donald Trump, Dan Aykroyd, Jerry Seinfeld, Leslie Nielson, Gene Simmons, Seth Rogen and Bruno Mars being the latest. Which feat?
Men to be featured on PlayBoy cover
- Who posted these lines on twitter:-
“CEO’s incentive is not 2 learn,because he’s not paid on real value but on cosmetic value So he’s paid to be nice to the Wall Street analysts. So this is where the problem starts.”
Pat Gibbson is the World Champion in which field?
- Which celebrity founded “The Dragon’s Heart Foundation” in 2005?
- Which novel is set in a suburban West Country town called Pagford and have characters like Councillor Barry Fairbrother, Howard Mollison, Krystal Weedon etc.?
THE CASUAL VACANCY
- “The Revolutionary Wave & Future War” This is a sentence made out of the best-selling works of a very prominent author. Identify the author.
- Which indian financial daily has the tagline “New Ideas in business. New ideas before they become business. Read to Lead”?
- Which business publiaction printed a Business Indicator thermometer on the side of its cover for almost three decades?
- “Bhiwani Junction: The untold story of ____ in India” by Shyam Das Gupta. Fill in the blanks
- This is the term starting with ‘M’ for the people of age less than 30 who are confident, self-expressive, liberal, upbeat and open to change.They are more ethnically and racially diverse than older adults. They’re less religious, tech savvy and more open about their sexual preferences. Which term?
- This term was used by Jane Deverson as a name for the series of interviews in a 1964 study of British youth, commissioned by British lifestyle magazine Woman’s Own where Deverson worked. Which term?
- What does this table depict?
SEX RATIO IN INDIA
- This is a strategic, life simulation video game series developed by Maxis and later by The Sims Studio, and published by Electronic Arts. It is one of the most successful video games series of all time. As of May 2011, the franchise has sold more than 150 million copies worldwide, and is also the best-selling PC franchise in PC history. The player creates virtual people and places them in houses and helps direct their moods and satisfy their desires. Which game?
- It is an important source of protein in Chinese and East Asian cuisines with origins dating back to Han dynasty. It is a food made by coagulating soy juice and then pressing the resulting curds into soft white blocks. Identify
- Which derogatory term was used to describe the work like “Fifty Shades of Grey” by New York Times?
- With which country would you associate the “Tortilla Riots” of 2007?
- Which indian company has the tagline “Go the distance” and boast of “YOU FIRST technology”?
- An Indian brand responded like this when a foreign entrant tried to woo away their customers with their schemes “Deee John, I have found someone new”.Which indian company?
- “Alive is Awesome” is an ad by whom?
- Whose new logo?
- Which ocassion?
Dileep Kumar’s 90th birthday
- Heroine in the film is “Bijli” and the hero is “Current”. Which recently released movie?
“Fire in Babylon” a 2010 documentary is based on which sport?
- Vidya Balan has been appointed as the brand ambassador for which central gvernment initiative?
Nirmal Bharat Abhiyaan
ROUND 1:- TAKE YOUR PICK
- Which country’s tax agency is known as “Lion”?
This is the Headquarters of which international organisation founded in 1967 in Geneva?
World Intellectual Property Organisation
- Which company has topped the list of Greenpeace Guide to Greener Electronics?
Ad for what?
- Which country has topped Monocle Magazine’s “Global Soft Power” survey?
Which US government agency’s logo is this?
US Patent & Trademark Organisation
- If you feature in the Castle Connoly list in the USA, you are among the country’s top ___. Fill in the blank
Mascot for which celebrity’s Music foundation?
- Gaokao in Chinese refers to?
National College Entrance Examination
What is so unique about this company?
Fictional Company that appeared in the US TV series “The Office”
- Which hollywood celebrity has created “Electric city” an internet based animated science fiction series?
Connect to a person
Preet Bharara is the US Attorney who initiated proceedings against Rajat Gupta, Anil Kumar was a former director at McKinsey who testified against Rajat Gupta, Gary Natfalis was Rajat Gupta’s lawyer
- In November 2012, Brother’s UK factory manufactured what it claimed to be the last of its kind ever made in the UK which was donated to London’s Science Museum. What?
- In England if you have failed Tebbit Test, what have you exhibited?
Tebbit test suggested that those immigrants who support their native countries rather than England at the sport of cricket are not qualified for United Kingdom citizenship.
- What is AQAP?
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula
- “Tanner White House 3” method was made to the Indian news channels for what purpose?
Used by BCCI to check the age of players
- The USA is said to be the having the 60% market of this and the largest company being the California Cryobank. What is being referred?
- Martin-Baker also sponsors a “______Tie Club,” producing a tie, patch, certificate, tie pin and membership card. As of 2012, there are now over 5,800 registered members of the Club since it was founded in 1957. The first member to be accepted was a British RAF serviceman. Which unusual club is this?
“Ejection Tie Club” is confined solely to persons who have ejected from an aircraft, in an emergency, using a Martin-Baker ejection seat which has thereby saved their life.
ROUND 3: Pehchaan KauN (Identify the personalities)
ROUND 4: WHAT LINKS?
- Anatocism, Aphnology, Cambistry & Chrematist
Money & Wealth
- PQM, M/N M, KKB, PQG, LPA, BHP
- La Saleda- Buenos Aires, Harco Glodok- Jakarta, San Andresitos- Columbia, Tepito- Mexico
They all are open air market of pirated products
- Mia, Olivia, Emma, Andrea, Stephanie
All are the characters of the new LEGO Friends series
Fidel,Urbina, Eric Justin Toth, Robert William Fisher & Jason Derek Brown
10 most wanted fugitives by FBI
- Love In War, World Enough & Time, Every Night And All, Of Wounds & Other Causes
Alternative titles for the “Farewell to Arms” by Ernest Hemmingway