Interrogante is the annual quiz event conducted by Christ University, Bangalore. This event has grown to become one of the must-attend events for a quizzer in their quizzing calendar. Ably hosted by MINDCOGS, the quiz started off with a written Prelims. The 8 teams who qualified for the next round were:
- Sai Mitra/TCS
- ESPN Cricinfo/Capgemini
- Genesis Colors/Mahindra
- Christ University
- Suguna Holdings/VIT Vellore
- Ujjivan/Nexus Consulting
- 3one4 Capital/Amazon
- Walnut Knowledge Solutions
Sai Mitra/TCS won the event with a score of 155 followed by Ujjivan/Nexus Consulting who came second with a score of 85, Suguna Holdings/VIT Vellore came third with a score of 65, ESPN Cricinfo/Capgemini came fourth with a score of 55, 3one4 Capital/Amazon and Walnut Knowledge Solutions had a tie for the fifth position with a score of 50, Genesis Colors/Mahindra was in the sixth position with a score of 20 and Christ University secured the 7th position with a score of 05 points.
The questions ranged from all fields some of which are given below:
- Identify the person who passed away in November, 2016 in Bengaluru. He was the managing director of a company which originally started with Silk Manufacture in 1906 and then diversified to the field they were most famous for.
Ans.: L. Srihari Khoday
- Pecten Maximus, is a northeast Atlantic species of scallop, an edible saltwater clam, in the family Pectinidae. Pacten maximus is quite robust and is characterized by having ears of equal size on either side of the apex. The right, or lower, valve is convex and slightly overlaps the flat left, or upper valve, which is flat. In business, what is derived from this?
Ans.: The Royal Dutch Shell Logo
- The term for this hedge fund is a metaphor which is used to denote the behavior of preying on debtors in financial distress by purchasing the now cheap credit on a secondary market to make a large monetary in many cases leaving the debtor in a worse state?
Ans.: Vulture Fund
- It came into existence in the 13th century. It is believed to have been first made by the Saudagar family. Previously known as Kapashi, Paytaan, Kachkadi, Bakkalnali and Pukari, the name indicated the area where they were made. What is this?
Ans.: Kolhapuri Chappal.
- On asked about this acquisition in 2016, Iceland based CEO Thor F, said, “I hope that Glu will take good care of my baby”. What was his baby?
- Which company’s logo is inspired from the fountain of the Neptune in Bologna, Italy and it comes from the French word for ‘three’ ‘teeth’?
- Her journey started when she flunked her first year exams in the textile Designing course at the Sophia Polytechnic in Mumbai in 1983. She enrolled for a screen printing and textile designing workshop. Finally in 1985 she borrowed Rs. 7000 from her mother and set off for Crawford Market, where she bought some fabric, rope and other raw material. Her first employees were the building liftman and security guard. Which hugely popular brand for women she created?
- It was founded in 1958 by Surya One night Wonowidjojo had a dream in which the old salt warehouse which stood across the way from another factory Cap 93, featured prominently. Subsequently, Sarman, one of the original fifty employees who had followed him when he left Cap 93, advised him to put a picture of the warehouse on every packet to secure good fortune. Wonowidjojo thought this was a good idea and asked Sarman to design the logo.What am I talking about?
Ans.: Gudang Garam
- This was originally placed on police chiefs in cities of Madras, Bombay, Calcutta, Lahore and Rangoon in Burma in 1920s. Regional heads were independent. After independence, the autonomy of regional heads was abolished and they were brought under the Bombay Board. Finally after passing of a particular Act in 1952, the entire structure was unified and reconstituted. What am I talking about?
Ans.: CBFC- Central Board of Film Certification
- A Bengaluru based startup called Safe Halo has made a new product for just INR 600/- which has created a huge buzz in the market. In a span of 3 months, they have received more than 50000 orders. Their highest orders are coming in from Kota, Rajasthan. What product have they created which is 2.5 inch x 2.5 inch device made of metal and plastic, comprising an alarm.
Ans.: An anti-suicide ceiling fan.